I know it’s hard to believe but Fall is just around the corner (ack, I’m upset too!) – this also means that Nuit Blanche will be lighting up the city of Toronto!
Once again the Art of Fashion design competition event will be kicking off Nuit Blanche in style.
The 2012 competition theme is RAW. Contestants are encouraged to explore the core elements of fashion design with a back-to-basics focus on technique and unassuming details. From architectural tailoring to utilitarian beauty, RAW provokes stoic detailing and minimalism. 10 novel Canadian designers will be selected to bring their collections to life based on their interpretation of the “RAW” theme, and will compete for two titles: Most Promising Designer – decided on by an industry judging panel, and People’s Choice – voted on by the public.
- Cash prize of $1000
- Photography and professional lookbook compilation
- Public relations campaign in support of FW13 collection, by Keeshan PR
- Membership to FGI and complementary booth at FGI Sample Sale
- Two $500+ VIP conference passes to Creativ Festival
- Designer work space at The Work Room
- Garments will be sold at Black Daffodil and Bicyclette Boutique