It’s always nice to have a girls night out – but what if it’s a REALLY special occasion like a bachelorette? Many ladies I know will go have dinner and end up at a club. Sohnee has some tips on how to pull off a unique and memorable bachelorette that the bride to be will never forget!
Do you have a bachelorette party coming up and you have no idea how to host it? Ohhh Canada has some suggestions for you! I recently attended their event titled Ohhh Bachelorette, where CEO of Ohhh Canada, Katrina McKay, gave us tips on how to present an upscale, but saucy party for a bride-to-be. Here are just a few of them:
1. Switch up the colour scheme. Pink is a pretty safe bet. Instead, try metallics, black & white or blues. The dessert table at the end was black, white, and red. Very classy while still being sexy.
2. Pick a fun, but upscale location. An outdoor patio with a view is the perfect summertime bachelorette location. In the winter, book out a suite at a swanky hotel. Not every guest will feel comfortable going to certain…clubs…so, a different venue will allow for more guests to attend.
3. Skip truth or dare in favour of a new game. Have everyone anonymously write down their top romance tips and leave it to the bride-to-be to read her favourite out loud. Include date night ideas for the newlyweds to try out.
4. Make your entertainment educational and giggle-worthy at the same time. Hire a speaker to give a short interactive workshop to really get the party started – no strippers needed. Topics can vary from any intimate to erotic to just fun. Katrina McKay has travelled all over the world giving talks to a diverse selection of audiences.
5. Instead of a cheesy gift, give your bachelorette a high-end adult item. Ohhh Canada has a great selection online and at their store on Queen Street West. Most of their items are not representational and can look like chic pieces of art.
6. Have fun! It can sound like an embarrassing event to attend, let alone put together, but with a few adjustments, you can transform a cliche party into something you’ll never forget.
Do you have any bachelorette party tips to share?
Sohnee is a genetic counsellor by day, a product reviewer by night, and a cat whisperer on weekends. She loves to try out all things beauty related, but will always be curious about the science underneath. Follow her on Twitter @SohneeAhmed.