I’m fairly new to serums. I probably just started using them regularly in the last year or so. Now I’m always on the hunt for new serums to test out!
First off, what’s a facial serum? Essentially serums are more concentrated than your moisturizer and may contain ingredients to target a specific condition. They can also penetrate the skin better than just your moisturizer alone.
Do you need a serum? Not necessarily but I’m a huge fan of them. Especially with my skin going crazy as it has been, serums have helped add much needed moisture and have helped balance out my skin. If you have a skin condition that really bothers you, instead of switching up your current skin care routine try adding a serum instead! Here is a round up of some stand outs for me.
1. This one is a favourite of my mom’s. She’s got really great skin but she says since she’s started using Vichy LiftActiv Serum 10 (now new and improved) she gets so many compliments on her skin. In fact she doesn’t even use foundation anymore. Either a bit of BB cream or just powder to control shine!
2. A best seller for Pure + Simple, the Collagen Elastin Serum is lightweight (like water!) and helps you get that fresh youthful glow. You’ll see a reduction in fine lines, a boost in hydration and reduction in redness and sensitivity.
3. The Eminence Organics Eight Greens Youth Serum is in my current rotation. Full of concentrated natural ingredients, it’s perfect for my multiple personality skin.
4. This one is a favourite among those that suffer from typical acne. La Roche-Posay Efficlar Serum is a concentrated formula with AHA-Glycolic complex to acceleration exfoliation revealing healthy more youthful skin. It was a little strong for my sensitive skin but I’ve read about amazing results.
5. The Consonant Body Hydrextreme is the winner of the Canadian Beauty Innovation awards. Stubborn rough and dry patches on your skin are instantly hydrated and smooth skin is revealed.
6. This brand new product from Kaia Naturals is a 2 in 1! The 24 hr Booster Serum Shot hydrates and mattifies making it the perfect base under makeup.
So have I convinced you to give serums a try?