The Dermalogica Clear Start line brought me back to school! Did you ever watch Degrassi High? I remember Degrassi Junior High and Degrassi High (waaay before Drake) but other than a few memorable episodes and key characters it’s a bit fuzzy for me.
For the launch of the Dermalogica Clear Start line I was sent back to class in though it was in the form of “prom”. This was the first time in a long time I was excited to go back to a class room! Being on the set of Degrassi was pretty cool and brought back some memories! And it was funny to see everyone on my instagram timeline sharing essentially this exact same picture 😛
I’m sure many of you suffered from acne when you were a teenager – heck I’m still suffering now! But adult acne is different from the specific needs of teen skin and this is where Dermalogica’s Clear Start line comes in.
The Clear Start kit is contains the 5 products the teen in your life will need to get clear skin.
- The breakout clearing foaming wash helps clear away dead skin cells and gets rid of dirt and excess oils. Use on your face, neck and even your back. The key ingredient in this product is salicylic acid with eight botanical natural extracts including tea tree, lavender and camellia.
- The all over toner is a mist that is applied to the face and body after cleansing. It minimizes redness and skin aggravation by soothing and calming. Not to mention it’s refreshing! The key ingredient is also salicylic acid. The natural extracts in this one are lavender, camellia and argan.
- The day time treatment is a light treatment + moisturizer containing key ingredients colloidal silver and niacinamide. Camellia, licorice and cucumber are used to sooth the skin. This can be used daily.
- If you need shine control then reach for the matte moisturizer. It hydrates and contains botanical oil absorbers like birch and willow.
- To clear breakouts while you sleep apply the overnight treatment which is invisible and absorbs quickly. Hyaluronic acid, green tea, camphor and cucumber are among the ingredients to help alleviate congestion and reduce redness.
This travel sized kit is a great way to start the teenager in your life with a new skin routine if they suffer from acne. (Is there a teenager that DOESN’T suffer from acne? If so I don’t want to hear about them 😛 )
Did you have acne as a teenager? What did you do to treat it?