Well in case you were out of town or just living under a rock or something, you are well aware that the Grammys took place this past Sunday. I attended a fun Grammys party at the Thompson Hotel courtesy of P&G and the Beauty United team where I got to hang out with some of my favourite blog friends for a twitter party! If you want to check out all our tweets head on over to twitter and search the hashtag #MusicGlam.
During the party we dished our favourite (and not so favourite) hair and makeup looks with Justin German (Pantene Pro-V Consulting Stylist) and Amélie Ducharme (COVERGIRL Makeup Pro) and we voted our top hair and makeup picks of the night.
Who won? Well it was Paris Hilton for Hair and Rita Ora for makeup! (Is it bad that I have NO CLUE who Rita Ora is?)
I’ve got the step-by-step approach to achieve both these looks! Let’s start off with hair!
Photo credit: Arthur Mola
From Justin German:
1.First, prepare by washing hair with the new Pantene Pro-V Damage Detox Weekly Deep Cleanse Purifying Shampoo.
2. Blow-dry with a round brush and pin in clips, like you would rollers – this will give you a great foundation for this updo. Set hair with Pantene Pro-V Anti-Humidity Hairspray.
4. Now, part the hair in two sections. Start by collecting hair from temple to temple and pile it in a knot on top of your head. With the remaining hair, gather and put into a ponytail justbelow the crown. While the sides are tight to the head, they are not slick. We want an undone look! Backbrush the ponytail, while misting with hairspray.
5. Next, twist the ponytail downward and pin into the head all the way down. Finish by tucking in the ends
with a few bobby pins at the nape of the neck.
6. Undo the top section of hair and backbrush with a few spritzes of the Pantene Pro-V Anti-Humidity Hairspray
. Then lift hair at the front, creating tons of volume, roll and pin into the top of the hair roll that was
created with the bottom section of the hair – connecting the top and bottom into one.
7. For the final touch, using your fingertips, pull out a few pieces of hair from the front, lifting and spraying
for even more volume and texture.
8. Finish with a few sprays of KERAGLOSS
for extra shine.
And now on to makeup!
From Amélie Ducharme:
2. Even out any dark circles by applying COVERGIRL + Olay Eye Rehab CC Cream
with a concealer brush. Apply in a triangular shape under the eye – from corner to corner and down toward the nose.
7. Also, sweep this plum colour under the eye. Then, rim the bottom of the eye, tighter to the lashline,
with the Shadow Pot in Molten Black, blending slightly wider toward the outer corner of the eye.
8. Next, line the entire waterline with COVERGIRL LiquiLineBlast Eye Liner
in Black Fire. To intensify the look, use this pencil to trace over the shadow on the outer corners of the eye and blend out and up
using the sponge tip on the other end of the pencil. Using a shadow brush, connect the shadow from the
top and bottom lids just beyond the outside corner, lifting up and out toward the temple, elongating the
eye. The further out, the more dramatic the look!
starting from the inner corner and creating a thicker line as you move to the outer corner extending just
beyond the lash in an upward movement.
10. Coat lashes with COVERGIRL Bombshell Volume Mascara
in Very Black. Start with multiple coats of Step 1 for extreme volume, then apply Step 2 for a pitch black glossy finish.
11. Finish the eye look by applying the silver shade from the Prom Queen palette under the brow.
12. For this smoldering look, you want to create a thick, strong brow. Fill in brows with COVERGIRL Brow & EyeMakers Pencil
one shade darker than your natural colour.
12. To contour the face, use COVERGIRL Clean Glow Bronzer in Spices
. Starting with the darkest shade of the palette, apply just under the cheek bone at the temple. As you move toward the apple of the cheek blend the middle and lightest shade.
13. Finally, prep lips by applying moisturizer topped with a thin layer of your foundation to cover any redness around the mouth. Then, fill in your pout with COVERGIRL LipPerfection in Yummy – a great pastel pink!
14. For a more matte finish, apply a light dusting of Clean Pressed Powder.
And there you have it! Thank you to the Beauty United team for the amazing event!