Earlier this summer Make Up Forever held a seminar at the Canadian Beauty College in Mississauga. Ashley had a great time and learned a lot while she was there. For those of you that missed it she has a great recap for you.
The Canadian Beauty College recently hosted a MAKE UP FOREVER seminar with renowned makeup artist Jacquie Jeffery. I was lucky enough to attend, where I thirsted on insider knowledge regarding the tips and tricks makeup professionals use, plus tips and tricks on MAKE UP FOREVER products.
First and foremost, Jacquie Jeffery is one of the most talented and patient makeup artists I have ever met! Her knowledge was limitless and she is beyond gorgeous. She originally worked at a beauty counter, and now with a decade of experience with MAKE UP FOREVER she finds herself as one of the lead artistry experts for the brand allowing her share her combined passion for art and makeup at a whole new level.
The seminar itself focused on two main aspects of MAKE UP FOREVER products – their HD product line and their Aqua Cream collection. With MAKE UP FOREVER being in Canada since 1995, used in all major productions television, theatre and film related, and owned by Louis Vuitton, you know there are going to be tried and true results.
First up, MAKE UP FOREVER’s HD Make Up line!
MAKE UP FOREVER spent 6 years developing HD makeup and is completely cruelty, paraben, and mineral oil free. MAKE UP FOREVER products are tested for all areas of the face – meaning an eyeliner can be used as a lip pencil, a blush can be used as an eye shadow, or a primer can be used a highlighter. Talk about multifunctional.
First up was a discussion on MAKE UP FOREVER’s HD primer line. The 7-primer line is used for make sure foundation stays put and oil doesn’t break through the primer barrier. It aides with mattifying the T-zone and blurring fine lines. And since the primers beyond the clear one have brightening properties, they can be used as highlighters.
• JACQUIE TIP: Be careful when applying your primer. Too much primer will run off your face and ruin your makeup. Apply with a brush for perfect coverage!
The second focus on the HD line was their infamous HDfoundations.
These are the foundations you see on all the television personalities, including news anchors. HD foundation was created for this reason – HD televisions meant that every pore and wrinkle was visible to the viewers. HD foundation contains four different undertones: golden, pink, neutral and olive. This is two more then the shades you’re used to from the drugstore – MAKE UP FOREVER really caters to its audience.
HD foundation is intensely pigmented – you’ll need remarkably less of this foundation than normal. A lot less! Jacquie had some amazing tips in regards to MAKE UP FOREVER HD Foundation:
- JACQUIE TIP: Never purchase a foundation colour based on its name – i.e. ivory, cream, soft honey, deep tan, etc. Colour names mean nothing – it’s just product packaging.
- JACQUIE TIP: When foundation matching, never blend the foundation into your skin. Do a swipe of the colour on your cheek. Your skin will determine the best foundation for you – the one you need is the one that looks invisible to the eye. Always swipe on your cheek.
- JACQUIE TIP: When you require additional foundation, tap it onto your skin! It layers the product without looking caked on.
- JACQUIE TIP: Blush too intense? Neutralize it by mixing it with the foundation to match your skin tone. Enhance your natural colour with personalized customization.
Was I the only one who didn’t know these tips?
Next up on the seminar was the Aqua Cream Makeup – an intensely pigmented waterproof makeup line designed solely with the Canadian Olympic Synchronized Swimming team in mind. It’s a line of intense waterproof colours that can be used on any part of the body. They are smudge proof, tear proof, waterproof, crease proof, and transfer proof. You’ll need intense makeup removers to get rid of this look!
Aqua Cream must be used in a specific way – small layers that are gradually built up for a statement look. If you try to use too much Aqua Cream makeup quickly, it will flake and peel off. A 30 second evaporation process makes the look permanent – move quickly! You apply the product directly to the skin; no primer required. Once applied, you won’t need to apply again.
- JACQUIE TIP: When applying Aqua Cream Blush, pull it downwards.
- JACQUIE TIP: Add a little shimmer Aqua Cream eye shadow to the brows; paired with highlights, your eyebrows will subtly pop.
I ended up purchasing an HD foundation in the lightest shade they make after Jacquie kindly swatched my skin. To compliment the HD foundation, I also bought the HD primer in Clear (since my pale skin is apparently the palest of the pale!).
I have to really thank both Jacquie Jeffery and the Canadian Beauty College for hosting such an amazing event. The tips and tricks are now staples in my beauty routine!
Thank you so much to Ash for sharing all the great tips and tricks she learned! I definitely learned a lot myself – I won’t be so scared of the Aqua Creams anymore 😉
Have you tried MUFE products? What are you favourites?