Whether or not you’re a fan of Dancing with the Stars and romantic features, you can’t help but admit: Julianne Hough is gorgeous.
As seen in this post, I attended the Toronto movie premiere of Julianne’s new film, Safe Haven. Luckily for us premiere-goers, she attended in person! I was immediately in awe of her perfect complexion and 6 inch heels! In the movie, she portrays ‘Katie’, a girl on the run from her past, and she’s amazingly beautiful on screen as well.
Now, there is a HUGE difference between the beauty persona of ‘Katie’ and Julianne. That got me thinking – how can I achieve both looks?
Hence, here’s my first ‘THE LOOK’ post, featuring Julianne Hough!
The best part of “Katie’s” look from Safe Haven is it’s simplicity. Anyone can pull of this look with as little as four products. It’s simple, it’s beach-y, it’s gorgeous. Here are four products to get you on the road to “Katie’s” look:
- CoverGirl’s Exact Eyelights Collection for Blue Eyes – Julianne Hough has stunning blue eyes, and they really pop in this movie. The perfect way to make your blue eyes pop is this product, specially designed for blue eyes. Included are a mascara, eyeshadow and eyeliner. Use any of these three individually or together to provide your eyes with the perfect frame.
- Revlon ‘Just Bitten’ Kissable Lip Balm – Katie’s lips in the movie are the perfect shade of pink. Looking to mimic the look? Revlon’s balm in Cherish provides the perfect blend of pink balm and moisturizing properties. It retails normally for $8.00 – $12.00 CAN at any drugstore / retail store.
- Marc Anthony’s Dream Waves Collection – Katie lives and works next to the ocean in the film, providing her with perfect ‘beach’ hair. Don’t live next to the sea? Marc Anthony’s Dream Waves collection will provide your hair with the natural bounce, waves, and texture provided by the ocean.
- Jergen’s Natural Glow – Katie has a beautiful natural tan in the film, which definitely makes her blonde hair and blue eyes shine. To get tan skin the healthy way, try Jergen’s Natural Glow moisturizer. It provides a nice subtle glow and a gradual build up. Perfectly healthy and natural! Retails for between $8.00 – $10.00 CAN, depending on retailer.
Julianne Hough looked gorgeous at the Toronto premiere of Safe Haven in a Zimmerman pink dress, Yves-Saint-Laurent neutral heels, and a gorgeous Le Vian gold ring. Now, we all can’t afford YSL heels, nor have a personal stylist on the payroll, but it’s very easy to duplicate Julianne’s look for a night out, at a fraction of the price. See below:
- MAC’s ‘Deeply Adored’ Red Lipstick from the Marilyn Monroe Collection – Get an absolutely perfect pop of colour with a deep red lipstick shade. What better than a collection inspired by the red-lips queen, Marilyn Monroe? Pick up a lipstick for $20 CAN at any MAC store.
- ALDO Fronime Neutral Pumps – Sky high neutral pumps are perfect for elongating the leg, and matching any outfit. Right now, ALDO is having a sale on these pumps – pick them up for less $38.00 CAN!
- Forever21 Canada Lotus Flower Ring – Julianne settled for little jewellery on this night, but her jewellery certainly made a statement! Pick up this similar Lotus Flower ring for as little as $7.80 CAN online or in store.
- Target Pink Chiffon Dress – Available exclusively online on the American Target website, this pink dress is a great match to Julianne’s stylish outing. And even better? It’s on sale for $34.99 online!
So, what do you think? You can emulate Julianne’s red-carpet look for literally less than $100. Additionally, you can create Julianne’s ‘Safe Haven’ beauty routine with products from your local drug store.
Which look is your favourite? Which product would you love to try and own?
NOTE: All product photos courtesy of product companies. Safe Haven promotional photos provided by Alliance Atlantis. Julianne Hough premiere photo provided by Just Jared.